Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: SxDx in Rockabilly Monthly

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Rat_Fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its a fairly good article but it is chock full of misinformation. They list "Charlie Chuck Biscuits Quintana" as the drummer for stuff and I would have to say thats a pretty big mistake. Also they say that the revamped version of "Another State of Mind" was shown in Hollywood. Far from the truth the screened version was an ancient original from the old days.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "charlie chuck buscuits Quintana"? That is very funny. What about Dennis "two-bags" Danell? You made me laugh. thanks.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member joshroush's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    591
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually bought that mag when I saw mike on the front, they also list the new dvd as a 2 disc set. And go into detail on how charlie (chuck) has been in the band since the self titled days. Its a pretty shitty magazine that I couldnt see being around throughout the next year.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sucks that they screwed up that bad. I signed up for a subscription, now I wish I hadn't.
    Josh, how the hell are ya? Hows your shop? I guess you dont need to go to California to see SD now. I hope everything is great. I know you were having some drama for a while there. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Johann's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Dagnabbit!
    I ordered it too after seeing Mike on the cover, and it cost me 15 Australian bucks.
    Ah well...... [img]confused.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ShellyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2003
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not only is who ever wrote that an idiot- the editor of the magazine exposed themself for being a complete idiot as well.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AmericanWaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ah that sucks. I was thinking about getting that one. Does the mag always suck? I noticed last month had cash on the cover. Was thinking about getting that one, but i dont want a bunch of incorrect facts within a crappy article.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dontdragmedown's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2004
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the interview is faked, taken from other sources ...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member joshroush's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    591
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Erica, check your mail.

    Yeah, i thought that sounded like a bullshit interview. Thats shitty because he goes into detail about how he was scared to interview him.

    Ill put up a pic of the magazine tonight so you can see it without buying the damn thing.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner KingOfFools's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    696
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Local 'zines printed on newsprint tend to have more substance than Rockabilly Monthly. Wow...what a rag. Basically the SxDx "interview" was an essay about the history of the band (with several factualy errors), a handful of quotes from Mike, and clips of posts from socialdistortion.com. Other than that...the entire contents of the magazine were an essay about Screamin' Jay Hawkins (basically a bio, don't know how reliable it is based on other factual errors), another essay about Gene Vincent/Eddie Cochran touring together, and something about a rock & roll poet?

    Lots and lots of ads for places with vintage clothing though.

    I can't believe people will pay $4 for this. Must be the glossy pages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •